Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Response to “On a Tweet and a Prayer...”

Response to “On a Tweet and a Prayer...”


1.     Do you think that having twitter accounts will help attract youth to take a greater role in the life of the Church?

In my opinion, I don’t think that having twitter accounts will help attract youth to take a great role in the life of the Church. The reason is that youth nowadays only focus on what they like and prefer. Even if these young kids have twitter accounts, they will possibly follow other pages instead of the Church. However, it will definitely promote the Church itself if it has a twitter account, and also more news can be updated online, which would be much more convenient.

2.     What are the benefits of having our Church leader tweet? Are there any disadvantages?

The benefits of having our Church leader tweet are the ability for us to receive announcements quickly from the Pope, and easier access to Church’s activities, and the fact that it is convenient. The disadvantages to having our Church leader tweet are some sort of displeasure from older generations, since twitter doesn’t seem to be a traditional way of communicating.


3.     Does your parish take part in the social media world? If so, please explain.

I am sorry that I am not a Catholic, so I don’t belong to any parish.

4.     Are there any other ways that the Church can encourage our youth to get more involved? Do you have any personal experiences related to this?


The Church can encourage youth to get more involved by creating more events or activities for youth who live in the same community. These events could be group activities which contains the different religious meanings as well. Even though I don’t have any personal experiences related to this, but I think this is definitely a good example to attract youth to get more involved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;